Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International students. Foreign scholars are hereby invited to participate in the ongoing Swiss Government Scholarships Programs. The Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D., postdoctoral, research programs and fine arts at one of the public funded universities or recognized institutions.
The aim of this program is to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for programmes for Foreign Students (FS). Students are encourage to apply for this life changing scholarship in order to achieve their educational pursuits in life.
The scholarships are been giving to foreign students who doesn’t have the financial measures to further their educations and this program has helped thousands of foreign students to acquired their desire educational goals. Though the applicants are expected to know how to speak English Language fluently. Those that doesn’t have the English requirement can undergo a year course in any of the University offering scholarships in Switzerland before he or she can fully partake in this scholarship programs.
- The studentships are available for pursuing Ph.D., postdoctoral and research programs and fine arts opportunities are for the Master program (according to the ECTS credits).
- The scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Award: financial aid positions will comprise of:PhD Scholarships
- For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: mandatory Swiss health insurance is paid by the FCS.
- Scholarship holders from outside continental Europe receive a flight allowance (lump sum) for a ticket back to their country of origin (provided at the end of the program).
- Support services and various trips, dinners and sightseeing tours organised for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- Some scholarship holders may request a supplementary allowance for fieldworks.
Recommended for you: Australian Scholarships at University of Adelaide for International Students
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree recognised by the Swiss university. The applicant must have achieved this degree before the start of the program next September. As a proof the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for programmes before the start of the program.
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the program in September are not eligible.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the PhD thesis. Without such support, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the PhD studies/ research.
Scholarships Application Procedures
The application package can be obtained by e-mail from the Swiss Embassy. Please submit 3 sets (=1 original + 2 copies) of application documents in exact order given below: The 1st set contains the original, signed documents plus the confidential letters of recommendation and if applicable the attested translations. The other two sets are the copies of the 1st set except for the confidential letters of recommendation (only 1st set). Interested applicants are advised to visit the official website.
English Language: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there. Good luck